All Department of Cultural Affairs museums and historic sites, including this facility, are temporarily closed as a public health precaution due to the COVID-19 (coronavirus). These closures are part of the larger effort by state government to minimize public exposure. Please continue to visit this website for updates and to explore online resources and collections.
You are here
ATTENTION ALL 1-8 GRADE TEACHERS
Attend a FREE $martPath Professional Development
and Get a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
In partnership with the University of Cincinnati Economics Center, New Mexico Museum of Natural History & Science is offering a FREE $martPath Training Session. In exchange, you will receive an Amazon gift card for attending and implementing the award-winning program in their classroom!
WHO: Teachers in Grades 1-8
WHEN: August 25, 2018 9:00 am– 10:30 am
WHERE: Stem Lecture Hall, New Mexico Museum of Natural History & Science, 1801 Mountain Rd NW, Albuquerque
COST: This training session is completely FREE. Teachers will receive a $50 Amazon gift card for simply attending the workshop and an additional $50 Amazon gift card for implementing the curriculum in their classroom during the 2018-2019 school year. A certificate for one CEU hour is also available upon request.
WHAT IS $MARTPATH?
Developed by leading practitioners working hand-in-hand with teachers, $martPath is an engaging, interactive and easy-to-use way for 1-8 grade teachers to embed relevant and fun economic and financial education in their classrooms. $martPath units teach students about personal financial responsibility through grade-appropriate, curriculum-aligned, interactive lessons. All $martPath units of study:
- Provide application for reading and math skills at grade level
- Are relevant and deliver on New Mexico’s Content Standards—particularly in Math, Social Studies, and English/Language Arts
- Include embedded assessments so teachers can easily track and report on student progress
- Are fun, simple-to-run and quick so they fit into any teaching program
- Are high quality, interactive and engaging!
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN AT THE WORKSHOP?
This training session will include a walkthrough of the $martPath platform as well as provide attendees with suggestions for how to best implement it in their classrooms.
Product of: Workshop Sponsored by:
Pluto-Palooza Professional Development Workshop for Educators
Saturday, September 22 • 1pm-5pm
NASA Educator Shirley Greene and the visiting New Horizons scientists and engineers, in association with NMMNHS, will present a workshop for formal and informal science educators connecting the amazing results from the Pluto system to classroom-ready activities complementing the Next Generation Science Standards and the NM science standards.
This workshop is free to NM educators.
Each educator attending the entire workshop will receive a stipend of $75 (educators traveling from beyond 65 mile radius of Albuquerque will receive $100) and ready-made NASA materials/activities.
Registration required. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
The New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science and HHMI BioInteractive Present:
Evolution: Natural Selection, Speciation, and Beyond
A FREE Workshop for Biology Teachers
September 29, 2018
8:00 AM-3:30 PM at the
NM Museum of Natural History & Science
1801 Mountain Rd NW
Albuquerque, NM 87104
- The workshop will focus on concepts of evolution through the process of natural selection, with the connection of developing scientific explanations.
- This workshop will feature different resources than those featured at our previous workshop March 3rd. Participants who attended March 3rd - and those who didn't! - are encouraged to attend.
- Receive free classroom-ready materials for the teaching of evolution.
- Enhance your content knowledge and classroom practice.
- Focus on rigorous, NGSS-aligned pedagogy.
- Breakfast and lunch, and professional development certificates will be provided. Parking is available free on-site at the museum.
Space is Limited! Register Today:
Questions? Contact Sydney Bergman at email@example.com