You are here
Volunteer for your local Museum!
Volunteering gives you the opportunity to share your passion for natural history and science with today’s students and tomorrow’s scientists in a dynamic, ever-changing setting. Whether your interests are in computer science, astronomy, or natural history, we have a need for your assistance! Our volunteers work on the Museum floor and behind the scenes, performing a wide range of tasks.
Besides personal satisfaction and rewarding life experiences, volunteer benefits include free admission, discounts at the NatureWorks gift store and the Museum's Café, newsletters, social activities, and special recognition events.
The Museum is currently accepting volunteers for the following positions: Traveling Exhibit Volunteers, Museum Hosts, Naturalist Center Docents and Information Desk Specialists. All new museum volunteers must attend and complete the "New Volunteer Orientation" training before hours can be logged. More training dates will be announced soon. Please call (505) 841-2877 or email email@example.com for more information.
Below is a detailed list of all of the volunteer opportunities offered at the Museum:
Administrative Volunteer Opportunities
- Information Desk: Greet visitors to the Museum, check entrance tickets, and answer general information questions
- Data entry: Add Museum information to a computer database
Educational Volunteer Opportunities
- Museum Docent: Help visitors understand Museum exhibits
- Naturalist Center Docent: Assist visitors of all ages in our hands-on discovery room
- Outreach Educator: Present hands-on science activities in the community (extra training required)
- FossilWorks: Prepare fossils in front of the public in the fossil preparation lab (extra training required)
Traveling Exhibit Volunteers
- New Mexico Museum of Natural History & Science in Albuquerque will be hosting Da Vinci – The Genius, a traveling exhibit, from February – July 2018 and is in need of friendly and positive volunteers to staff the exhibit. Volunteers will provide outstanding customer service by greeting guests, taking tickets, and interpreting exhibit information. Volunteers are needed seven days a week and must commit to a minimum of three shifts a month. Volunteers must complete a short training.
Able to help in a way we haven't listed? Tell us!
Interested in volunteering? Questions? Click here to send us an email or call (505) 841-2877