All Department of Cultural Affairs museums and historic sites, including this facility, are temporarily closed as a public health precaution due to the COVID-19 (coronavirus). These closures are part of the larger effort by state government to minimize public exposure. Please continue to visit this website for updates and to explore online resources and collections.
You are here
The New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science offers a group discount to groups of 10 or more. Journey through billions of years of New Mexico's natural history, from the formation of the universe to the present day or catch a show in the DynaTheater, a five-story 3D giant screen theater compete with digital surround sound. Also, don't forget to take a journey through the cosmos in our 50-foot dome-screen Planetarium!
Here's a list of venues and activities available to your group:
- Museum Exhibits (approximately an hour and a half)
- Planetarium (approximately 45 minutes)
- DynaTheater (approximately 45 minutes)
- Classroom Activites (approximately 45 minutes)
When making your plans for the day, don't forget to include lunch! Only in the case of inclement weather will space in the museum be provided for your group to enjoy their lunch; otherwise we have several picnic tables available in our learning garden and Tiguex Park.
Groups get a 25% discount off of Museum admission rates
There's two ways to make a group reservation:
1. Fill out our online reservation request form. A member of the reservation staff will contact you as soon as possible.
2. Call or email Amanda Hauer, the Museum’s Reservation Specialist, at (505) 841-2869. Please be prepared with the following information:
- Top 3 arrival dates
- Arrival time
- What venues you'd like to visit and at what times (you can get a listing of show times on our main page)
Once a reservation is made, you will receive an official confirmation packet via email or fax.
Click on a link below for additional group information.