Mineral Mondays are held on the first Monday of the month and has now moved online*!
We are still hard at work at the Museum and our experts in Paleontology, Geology/Mineralogy, Volcanology, and Space Science are ready to examine your specimens.
In order to have your specimen reviewed, please send an e-mail with the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please send at least 3 views/photos of the specimen with a ruler next to it for scale
- Please describe where you found it (location or general area) or where it sources from if you purchased it
- Please note the size in centimeters (Length, width, and height)
- Please describe the color and any features such as translucent, iridescent, chalky, etc.
- Please include an e-mail so we can respond to you.
*Please note that not all specimens can be identified via photos. Some specimens do require in-person inspections and tests to determine hardness or other qualities. Submission of a specimen does not quarantee an identification. Any photos submitted may be used on social media or the website as part of Mineral Monday.
All Submissions must be received by the Wednesday prior to the first Monday of the month to be considered for Mineral Mondays.
Please collect responsibly and abide by all international, national, state, and local laws.