You are here
All visitors are required to wear face coverings while in the museum.
The Museum is open Wednesday through Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
except for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Day.
Advanced ticket purchases using the link above are very strongly encouraged to ensure admittance when you arrive.
|Venue||MUSEUM EXHIBITS||DYNATHEATER||PLANETARIUM||COMBO (Museum & DynaTheater OR Planetarium; purchased at museum only)||SUPER COMBO (All Venues; purchased at museum only)|
|Tots (2 & Under)||Free||Free||Free||Free||Free|
Online ticketing is available for advanced ticket purchasing and day of tickets.
If you have a museum membership, please call 505-841-2851 to reserve your tickets in advance.
Currently, DynaTheater tickets are available for purchase only at the Museum Admission Desk.
- Guests may choose a time and date when they purchase tickets online. Please plan to arrive within the hour you have purchased tickets for.
Entering and Exiting the Museum
- Guests are asked to enter the Museum only through the main doors at the 18th Street lobby. Once inside the Museum, visitors will be asked to exit through Natureworks gift shop and the Café doors. (Note that the Café is not open at this time. Please plan accordingly.)
Membership & Passes
- NMMNHS Members will continue to receive complimentary admission to the Museum, but now must reserve their tickets ahead of time by calling the membership desk at 505.841.2851. Please note that someone will be available to answer this number Wed. - Sun. only during operating hours.
- Also, the Department of Cultural Affairs is extending the expiration date of its New Mexico CulturePass, which allows one visit to each state museum and historic site while active, by 12 months.
If you have a museum membership, please call 505-841-2851 to reserve your tickets in advance
- Restrooms are available and will be cleaned and sanitized frequently.
- All NMMNHS staff will be wearing masks and/or other face protection.
- All visitors, regardless of vaccination status, are required to wear an approved mask or face covering over the nose and mouth at all times when in the museum. Multi-layered cloth masks are available for purchase at the gift shop. Masks with vents do not satisfy the State’s Public Health Order. Violators of these requirements will be asked to leave the museum.
- 6-feet social distancing will be required throughout your Museum visit. Markings on the floors have been added to help visitors judge this distance in high traffic areas. Please help us keep everyone safe and respect personal boundaries and safe distances.
- Access to some areas will be limited or remain closed in compliance with public health directives.
- The public will not have access to coat checks, lockers, or backpack/purse storage.
- Group visits, public programs, special events, and volunteer/docent activities will continue in virtual formats only until Fall 2021
If you have any questions or concerns, please call 505-841-2869
The Museum is located at 1801 Mountain Road NW in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
From Interstate 40, take Rio Grande Boulevard south about half a mile to Mountain Road, then east on Mountain Road less than a half a mile to the Museum, turning north on 18th street to the parking lot. The Museum entrance is on 18th Street.
Museum Free Admission Days
- Free admission times for New Mexico residents is temporarily suspended to avoid long waits to gain access to the building. The current health order restricts the museum's occupancy.
For any other questions, please call us at (505) 841-2800.
Museum Free Admissions Policy For Foster Families, Veterans, and Active Military
On March 19, 2019, HB 303, granting free admission to all New Mexico foster parents and foster children to all New Mexico Museums and Historic Sites was signed into law. Active foster parent/foster child status shall be verified through an official foster parent identification card. Expired status cards will not be accepted.
Disabled veterans of the U.S. armed forces receive free admission by showing their museum identification card from the VA. The free ticket is available to the veteran only.
*Note – Free admission for children to DCA museums and historic sites in accordance with the policy of each museum/site shall remain unchanged.
Gift Cards for Museum and/or DynaTheater admission are available at the Membership Desk. VISA, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover are accepted. Wheelchairs are available on request.