While the museum has restricted hours, enjoy these videos, experiments, and much more from your home.
To access our digital content, please click the links below.
- Story Time- Museum Educator Misty Carty is continuing to read Story Time books and demonstrate related activities. Perfect for young children!
- Mineral Mondays- Mineral Monday is normally held on the first Monday of the month, but has temporarily moved online! Learn how to identify rocks, minerals, and fossils. If you get stumped, then submit your specimen for identification by our experts
- Natural History Brief Guides- Use these guides, produced by Museum geologists, as a quick summary and introduction to New Mexico natural history topics
- Natural History Coloring Sheets- Here are some one-of-kind, Museum produced coloring pages based on New Mexico natural history themes.
- Sandia Mountain Natural History Center-Go on virtual field trips in the Sandia Mountains (near Albuquerque), learn about all the parts of an ecosystem, and see demonstrations of activities to do after each video. In the on-going “Quick Trips” video series, explore many nature topics and activities with these shorter videos.
- Stop and Sketch-First Fridays of the month are for slowing down and taking some time for self care with "Stop and Sketch". Join Natural History Illustrator, Matt Celeskey as he walks you through the process of scientific illustration using photographs from our collections.
- Virtual Field Trips- Learn how to read the landscape of the Petroglyph National Monument and how you can explore the volcanic flows right here in Albuquerque.
- Scavenger Hunts- Even though the museum is closed, you can still explore our outdoor Walk Through New Mexico exhibit between Mountain Rd. and the building. Use these scavenger hunts to help learn about the geology and biology of our state by walking down our miniature model of the Land of Enchantment!
- Natural History Activity Sheets- Use these word searches and puzzles, produced by the Museum, as a way to explore natural history topics.
- Invite an Educator- Bring our educators and scientists to your virtual classrooms
- Perseverance Mars Rover- Looking for Educational Resources for the upcoming February landing of the Perseverance Mars Rover? Then check out these resources from NASA and learn about the New Mexico tie to this mission.
Share the resources with your friends, family, and educators! This flier helps describe the many resources that are available on our website: Educational Resources Flier
Still want more? Then check out these great additional resources from our Education Partners.